I wanted to make sure that everyone knows we are also a non-participating (non-network) provider for CareFirst BCBS. We did have a bit of a hiccup in the system last week were we could not access patient information, but everything appears to be smooth sailing at this point. So, feel free to contact us if you have CareFirst as a Third Party Payer.
Have a great day,
Have you been looking for assistance with funding (grant, scholarship, etc.) and don't know where to start? Begin by taking a look at the Grants list under the Resources section of our website. There you will find a listing of organizations that are active. What are you waiting for? Visit our Grants Listing now... some of those deadlines are quickly approaching.
To save you a bit of time, we checked all of the links to make sure that they work.
Have a great day,
Phew! June, July and August just flew by. The summer schedule is finally over and the kiddos are back in school. I recently spent time updating the website… and by updating, I mean gave it an entirely new look (stop by and check it out).
I am also trying to make things easier for our clients. Clients are now able to book appointments online, the Calendar has been updated, I added a Workshops section to Other Services page and you are able to pay for your workshop online if dates and times have already been chosen. If you can think of anything else that would help make things easier for you let me know. Likewise, if there is anything that you would like to learn about, I would like to know. Leave a comment below so that we can bring you more of the services you are interested in. If you would feel better emailing, feel free to do that. You can reach us at Info@BDSHelps.com.
Hugs and success,
To our great heroes:
There are no words to express how grateful we are for our freedom. Each day we are able to control our destiny and make our own choices because someone else paid a heavy price. Thank you does not begin to express our gratitude, love and appreciation for you, and what you have done for each of us. You made the ultimate sacrifice to protect us from threats that we didn’t always know existed.
Blessings upon you and your families... My heart goes out to them. Your bravery will be remembered. This is the land of the free because of the brave and we will never forget you, or what you have done for us.
With great appreciation,
Photo credit: Fotolia - © lar01joka
As we approach the end of the school year and we prepare for the travel season, there may be a few of you that need help preparing for trips. So, here are 5 quick and easy travel tips to help you plan for your upcoming vacation.
- Have something to help keep your child occupied. Items like portable DVD players, games, books, or even a favorite toy can help ease the anxiety of travel. Don’t forget the headphones, if your child will wear them.
- Bring some snacks. I am one of those people who gets a bit cranky when I haven’t eaten, so I always remember to pack something to snack on. If you are bring a cooler, don’t forget the reusable freezer packs, or freeze a bottle of water to keep help everything cold.
- Prepare a schedule. Many people do better with a schedule of events. You don’t need to include times, but you can include locations. For example, if you were driving from DC to Philly then include places and landmarks that you will pass along the way. If you know that you will be stopping at certain point (like if you always stop at Maryland House), then include that on the schedule. You can name the locations as you pass them to help your child along the way.
- Take breaks, especially when taking longer trips. Consider stopping to explore along the way. This will also give your child a chance to burn off some extra energy along the way.
- If you will be traveling by airplane contact the airline for help with accommodations. Don’t forget to contact the Transportation Security Administration as well. Their TSA Cares program has a webpage (http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/travelers-disabilities-and-medical-conditions) help line that provides information for travelers. You can reach TSA Cares toll-free at 1-855-787-2227.
Do you have other suggestions that may be helpful? Feel free to leave them below.