Breakthrough Developmental Services (BDS), a rapidly growing behavior therapy organization, is seeking to expand our office-based team. At BDS. we help our clients and their families build communities for success. We do this while teaching our clients the skills that they need to be more independent and self-sufficient people. We are creative in our thinking and make learning fun for our clients. Our staff members are dependable, caring people who have united in a common purpose. We believe that everyone can learn and reach their fullest potential. It is hoped that our candidate for the Office/Personal Assistant position will believe the same.
In addition to typical office tasks (e.g., filing, copying, etc.), the candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting with preparing agendas
- Running errands
- Meeting and greeting guests
- Data entry
- Making reservations and travel plans
- Assisting with monthly reports
- Verifying authorizations and eligibility of clients
- Setting and confirming appointments
- Preparing outgoing correspondences
- Assisting and taking part in Resource Fairs
- Researching information
- Assisting with audits
- Attending meetings
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for the Office/Personal Assistant position will be able to adapt quickly to the changing needs of the organization and our staff members. You must have a background in customer services, business management or office management. While we would prefer someone with experience, we are willing to train the right person. All applications must pass a state and federal background check.
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, you will need to send a full application package to our office. The full Applicant Package should be submitted together. We will not accept incomplete packets. Package must be postmarked by September 24, 2016.
Your Applicant Packet consist of:
- A cover letter expressing interest in the position and addressing any office experience that you have. Additionally, please let us know what makes your different from other potential candidates.
- Your full resume accounting for all jobs in the last 5 years. If there are any gaps in employment, explain them. Make sure you list educational degrees and certifications.
- A fully completed, originally signed application. You can visit this link http://bit.ly/2aA67H5 to obtain and print a copy of our current application.
- You will also need to distribute our Reference Forms for submission. Please distribute these to professional references only. Professional references include your current or former teachers/professors, colleagues, supervisors, or employers. You can visit http://bit.ly/1nFdSA4 obtain the Reference Form. You need to submit 3 professional references.
All materials should be collected by the applicant and submitted to:
Breakthrough Developmental Services, LLC
Attn: Human Resources Department
PO Box 5124
Hyattsville, MD 20782
Application Packages will only be accepted by mail. A review of all submitted packages will be completed by October 1, 2016. Only those being considered for the position will be contacted by October 8, 2016.
•The materials that you submit with you application will not be returned.
•Satisfactory reference, state and FBI background checks are necessary for any position.
•You must complete all BDS trainings.
•You must have reliable transportation.
•This position is currently part-time with the potential to become full-time
•You should be available a minimum of 5 - 10 hours per week for this position
•Partial Applicant Packages will be immediately rejected.
Please direct questions concerning this position to our Human Resources Department.
Job Type: Part-time
Required education: High school or equivalent