Breakthrough Developmental Services (BDS) is a première behavior health agency, headquartered in Maryland. Since our founding in 2007, we have motivated our clients to learn while having fun. BDS provides services to parents, organizations and people who want their student to become more successful and independent. Our caring team uses the principles of applied behavior analysis to teach an assortment of skills in the structured and natural environments. Each program we write is tailored to meet the needs of the person, or family, we are serving.
At BDS, we focus on working with people who have developmental, intellectual and learning disabilities working to teach the skills that are needed to gain more independence.
We are excited about the opportunity to bring on talented BCaBAs to help support our teams as part of our Behavior Support Staff (BSS). Each person we consider for a position must be dedicated to the growth and development of our clients and should believe that all people can be assisted towards learning new skills.
The BSS is responsible for:
- Following the written treatment,
- Collecting data,
- Assisting with quarterly progress notes,
- Attending team meetings,
- Writing clinical contact notes,
- Attending quarterly trainings, and
- May have other duties as assigned.
Additionally, BCaBA level Behavior Support Staff will work with the BCBA to train and supervise the work of Registered Behavior Technicians and newer staff members as well as assisting in assessments and writing of plans.
We are looking for staff members to work with our clients throughout DC, Maryland and Virginia.
Interested? Submit your résumé and cover letter today! Your résumé and cover letter should address your past experiences with specific populations. Please note any additional trainings or workshops you have attended (e.g., ABLLS-R, BLS, CPI, VP-MAPP, etc.)
Application for Employment: http://bit.ly/2ajr7Vb
Use this link to download and complete the Application for Employment. You can return this form to our office via USPS, fax or email. This form need to be postmarked within 2-weeks of the date that you send your résumé and cover letter or your documents will be automatically rejected.
Affirmation for Behavior Support Staff: http://bit.ly/2eJLsnt
Use this link to download and complete the Affirmation for Behavior Support Staff. You can return this form to our office via USPS, fax or email. This form need to be postmarked within 2-weeks of the date that you send your résumé and cover letter or your documents will be automatically rejected.
Reference Form: http://bit.ly/2eKguM1
We will not schedule you for an interview without 3 professional references. For the purposes of this application, a professional reference is a current or former employer, a work colleague, a client, or a supervisor. The person providing the reference must submit the form to our Human Resources Department.
- The materials that you submit with you application will not be returned.
- Satisfactory reference, state and FBI background checks are necessary for this position.
- You must be approved by the client’s parent/guardian before beginning with a client.
- You must complete all BDS trainings.
- You must have reliable transportation.
- This position is part-time.
- Evening and weekend hours are required.
- You should be available a minimum of 10 – 20 hours per week for this position
- You must be willing to travel a minimum of 30 miles to work with clients.
- Resumes submitted without a cover letter will be immediately rejected.
- The pay range is $25 – $40 per hour depending on your education, experience and certification.
- For a list of FAQ associated with this position visit http://bdshelps.com/hr-faqs/.
Job Type: Part-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required license or certification: BCaBA