Breakthrough Developmental Services (BDS) would like to add another Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) to our wonderful team. We are looking for creative and hardworking individual who can communicate well and has a strong work ethic. Since our founding, the Human Resources Department has been tasked with finding the best and brightest to work in our field. We would like to find a talented staff member to work with our diverse group of established and loyal patients.
All applicants must apply with resume and cover letter and should be:
- Be 18-years-old or older;
- Have a Master’s degree;
- Must be nationally certified in Behavior Analysis;
- Must be licensed in Maryland as a Behavior Analyst, or eligible to become licensed within 2-months; and
· Fluency in Spanish
· 2-years of supervisory experience
· 5-years of experience working with people with would have been diagnosed with a developmental disability
You must be dedicated to the growth and development of the patient(s) you are assigned to work with as their education and futures are a priority to us. The new hire will be assigned to work patients and their families in their home, community, and/or clinical setting. There is also the potential to work in clinic with groups.
Traits you possess:
• Honest and integral
• Growth minded
• Enthusiastic, energetic, and tenacious
• “Can Do” attitude
To qualify for this position, you must apply with a cover letter and resume. Resumes received without a cover letter will be immediately rejected. Applicants must be willing to complete all trainings and be licensed within the State of Maryland.
The BCBA shall be responsible for:
· Completing medical intake with potential patients,
· Completing assessment with patients,
· Writing reports,
· Planning and writing treatment plans,
· Completing consultations with parents/families,
· Collecting and analyzing data,
· Writing Clinical Contact Notes for all service preformed,
· Writing progress notes,
· Chairing team meetings,
· Attending quarterly trainings, and
· May have other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills Assessment:
We focus on working with people who have developmental, intellectual, and learning disabilities. While the ages of our clients vary from 0 to about 35, the staff member will teach skills that are needed to gain more independence and increase future success with all clients. Do you think you are the best person for this position? If so, tell us why. Your resume and cover letter should address the following:
· Any experience that you have with people diagnosed with developmental, intellectual, or learning disabilities.
· Note the ages of the individuals you have experience working with and in what settings.
· Discuss any experience with behavior analysis, positive behavior support systems, assessment, data collection, or such other interventions. Also, addresses any training(s) that you have received in these areas.
What to Expect Next:
The majority of our documentation is electronic. Applicants should submit all supporting documentation within 2-weeks of submitting resume and cover letter. Once we receive your resume and cover letter, you will receive an email from us with links to our Application, Reference Request Form, and Affirmation for BCBA. The applicant must complete all requested documentation to comply with programs we are contracted with.
· Credit union access
· Discounted tuition with 2 different educational institutions (some restrictions apply)
· Free CEUs
• The materials that you submit with your application will not be returned.
• A satisfactory background check is necessary for this position. This includes references; education; and State, County, and FBI Criminal checks with no findings.
• You must complete all BDS assigned trainings.
• You must be licensed within the State of Maryland.
• You must have reliable transportation. Bus and Uber/Lyft are not considered reliable.
• This position is part-time (with potential to move to full-time).
• You must be willing to travel a minimum of 50 miles to work with patients.
• Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
• For a list of FAQ associated with this position visit https://bdshelps.com/hr-faqs/