Breakthrough Developmental Services (BDS) is seeking staff members want to make a positive difference in the lives of others. We are looking for creative and hardworking people who communicate well and have a strong work ethic. Since our founding, the Human Resources Department has been tasked with finding the best and brightest to work in our field. We would like to find talented staff members to work with our diverse group of established and loyal patients as a Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT) or Applied Behavior Analysis Technician (ABAT).
All applicants must:
1. Be 18-year-old or older;
2. Have a Bachelor’s degree; and
3. Apply with resume and cover letter.
Preferred Qualification – Possession of the RBT or ABAT credential. Please include your credential, credential number, and expiration date in your cover letter or on your resume.
You must be dedicated to the growth and development of the patient(s) you are assigned to work with as their education and futures are a priority to us. The new hire will be assigned to work one-to-one with patients in their home, community, and/or clinical setting. There is also the potential to work in clinic with small groups of patients.
Traits you possess:
• Honest and integral
• Growth minded
• Enthusiastic, energetic, and tenacious
• “Can Do” attitude
To qualify for this position, you must apply with a cover letter and resume. Resumes received without a cover letter will be immediately rejected. Applicants must be willing to complete all trainings (over 40 hours online and in person) and pass the credentialing exam for the respective credential, if they do not already possess it. All are encouraged to apply, but applicants with a background in behavior analysis, education, or psychology have a preferred qualification.
The submission of your resume and cover letter signifies your agreement to obtain a credential if you do not possess have it. The staff member will be responsible for:
• Direct implementation of behavior-analytic services,
• Following the written treatment plan,
• Collecting data,
• Writing Clinical Contact Notes,
• Assisting with quarterly progress notes,
• Attending team meetings,
• Attending quarterly trainings, and
• May have other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills Assessment:
We focus on working with people who have developmental, intellectual, and learning disabilities. While the ages of our clients vary from 0 to about 35, the staff member will teach skills that are needed to gain more independence and increase future success with all clients. Do you think you are the best person for this position? If so, tell us why. Your resume and cover letter should address the following:
• Any experience that you have with people diagnosed with developmental, intellectual, or learning disabilities.
• Note the ages of the individuals you have experience working with and in what settings.
• Discuss any experience with behavior analysis, positive behavior support systems, assessment, data collection, or such other interventions. Also, addresses any training that you have received in these areas.
What to Expect Next:
The majority of our documentation is electronic. Applicants should submit all supporting documentation within 2-weeks of submitting resume and cover letter. Once we receive your resume and cover letter, you will receive an email from us with links to our Application, Reference Request Form, and Affirmation for Behavior Support Staff. The applicant must complete all requested documentation to comply with programs we are contracted with.
- Credit union access
- Discounted tuition at California Coast University (some restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition at Purdue University Global (some restrictions apply)
• The materials that you submit with your application will not be returned.
• A satisfactory background check is necessary for this position. This includes references; education; and State, County, and FBI Criminal checks with no findings.
• You must be approved by the patient’s parent/guardian before beginning with them.
• You must complete all BDS assigned trainings.
• You must obtain the RBT or ABAT within 30-days of your first training.
• You must have reliable transportation. Bus and Uber/Lyft are not considered reliable.
• This position is part-time (with potential to move to full-time).
• You must be available Evenings (3 pm – 8 pm) and Saturdays (beginning at 9 am) as these days/hours are required.
• You must be available a minimum of 15 – 20 hours per week for this position.
• You must be willing to travel a minimum of 30 miles to work with patients.
• Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
• The pay range is $15 – $25 per hour depending on your education, experience, and credentials.
• For a list of FAQ associated with this position visit https://bdshelps.com/hr-faqs/
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $25.00 per hour