Our caring team uses the principles of applied behavior analysis to teach an assortment of skills in the structured and natural environments. Each program we write is tailored to meet the needs of the person, or family, we are serving. We are looking for talented staff members to work with our diverse group of established and loyal clients as Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT). The RBT is responsible for:
- Following the written treatment,
- Collecting data,
- Assisting with quarterly progress notes,
- Attending team meetings,
- Writing clinical contact notes,
- Attending quarterly trainings, and
- May have other duties as assigned.
You must be dedicated to the growth and development of the clients you are assigned to work with as their education and futures are a priority to us. The RBT may be assigned to work 1:1 clients in their home and community. There is the potential to work with small groups as well.We focus on working with people who have developmental, intellectual and learning disabilities. While the ages of our clients varies, with all clients the RBT will teach skills that are needed to gain more independence. Do you think you are the best person for this position?
We are looking for staff members to work with our clients throughout Maryland. You must have a high school diploma or equivalency to apply for this position. Those with an educational background in Human Services, Psychology, Education, Special Education or a closely related field are encouraged to apply. You must be credentialed in behavior analysis, or willing to complete the credentialing. The submission of your résumé and cover letter signifies your agreement to obtain the Registered Behavior Technician credential, if you do not already have it.
Your résumé and cover letter should address any experience that you have with people diagnosed with special needs; especially, experiences with people diagnosed with developmental, intellectual, or learning disabilities. Additionally, discuss your experience with behavior modification (ABA/VB), positive behavior support systems, or such other interventions along with information that addresses any training that you have received.
Application for Employment: http://bit.ly/2ajr7Vb
Use this link to download and complete the Application for Employment. You can return this form to our office via USPS, fax or email. This form need to be postmarked within 2-weeks of the date that you send your résumé and cover letter or your documents will be automatically rejected.
Affirmation for Behavior Support Staff: http://bit.ly/2eJLsnt
Use this link to download and complete the Affirmation for Behavior Support Staff. You can return this form to our office via USPS, fax or email. This form need to be postmarked within 2-weeks of the date that you send your résumé and cover letter or your documents will be automatically rejected.
Reference Form: http://bit.ly/2eKguM1
We will not schedule you for an interview without 3 professional references. For the purposes of this application, a professional reference is a current or former employer, a work colleague, a client, or a supervisor. The person providing the reference must submit the form to our Human Resources Department.
- The materials that you submit with you application will not be returned.
- Satisfactory reference, state and FBI background checks are necessary for this position.
- You must be approved by the client’s parent/guardian before beginning with a client.
- You must complete all BDS trainings.
- You must have reliable transportation.
- This position is part-time.
- Evening and weekend hours are required.
- You should be available a minimum of 10 – 20 hours per week for this position
- You must be willing to travel a minimum of 30 miles to work with clients.
- Resumes submitted without a cover letter will be immediately rejected.
- The pay range is $15 – $20 per hour depending on your education, experience and certification.
- For a list of FAQ associated with this position visit https://bdshelps.com/hr-faqs/.