Locating, hiring and retaining… the best
Want to know about our latest openings first? Click here to join our Job Announcements list today!
Breakthrough Developmental Services (BDS) would like to hire a detail orientated person who is good with good patient relationship skills to serve as our new Administrative Assistant (AA). The ideal candidate will be friendly, but professional and possess a strong work ethic. The applicant should be excellent in both oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to multitask and have good time management skills.
Qualifications: All applicants must be 18-years-old or older and have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
A complete application packet will include a cover letter, your resume, an application, and your Reference Request Form. Documents received without a cover letter will be immediately rejected. The AA shall be responsible for:
- Greeting office guests in a friendly and courteous manner;
- Scheduling appointments and meetings;
- Assisting with the daily operations of the office;
- Light bookkeeping;
- Assisting with billing, invoicing, and billing management;
- Copying, filing, typing, and faxing;
- Procurement; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills Assessment:
Do you feel you are the best person for this position? If so, tell us why. Your resume and cover letter should address the following:
- You current, or previous, experience in an office environment
- Please describe a time, in detail, when you needed to work with an upset consumer. Describe the situation and why the consumer was upset. How did you address the situation? Was the situation resolved or did a higher level of management need to become involved? Looking back on the situation, what do you feel you would have done differently?
- If you have completed any of the following assessment, please forward your results to us.
- Please include your salary history and expectations with your documentation.
- Credit union access
- Discounted tuition with 2 different educational institutions (some restrictions apply)
- The materials that you submit with your application will not be returned.
A satisfactory background check is necessary for this position. This includes references; education; and State, County, and FBI Criminal checks with no findings.
- You must complete all BDS assigned trainings.
- This position is part-time with potential to move to full-time.
- Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
- For a list of FAQ associated with this position visit https://bdshelps.com/hr-faqs/
Job Type: Part-time
All people entering the office building are required to wear a mask. All individuals entering our office are required to have a temperature check. Additional precautions are noted on our website at https://bdshelps.com/safer-office-protocols/.